400 Humberline Drive
Toronto, ON, M9W 5T3
CAD Packaging Designer
SupremeX eCommerce Packaging:
This division focuses on creating and manufacturing custom eCommerce packaging solutions for brand owners, retailers and fulfillment companies. The focus is on creating and manufacturing solutions for the secondary packaging necessary to enable direct to consumer (DTC) shipments. Custom packaging solutions balance various customer objectives including optimized product protection, efficient fulfillment, lowered shipping costs and leveraging branding opportunities. We are currently seeking a CAD Packaging Designer to grow with us.
The CAD Packaging Designer will support our development efforts through creating innovative structural designs and providing sales support. This division offers custom manufacturing of protective mailers made from paperboard, chipboard, corrugate and flexible substrates as well as die cut corrugated boxes and wraps. Being a custom manufacturer, the ability to quickly design and create mock-ups to meet customer expectations is essential to successfully executing our plans.
Specific Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Interpret customer needs into package design including design features, substrate choices, machinability on our equipment etc.
• Use Artios CAD software to design packages
• Operate cutting table to cut out mock ups
• Assemble, fill and ship mock ups for customer in a timely fashion
• Develop a working knowledge of and utilize design/CAD software
• Coordinate 3rd party ISTA testing where applicable
• Support sales team with coordination as required. Responsibilities will include order submission, proofing, shipment expediting, problem resolution etc.
• Set personal goals to improve knowledge of total operations
• Develop relationships with other personnel to assist in your learning process and ask for assistance as you progress
• Organize and maintain customer sample product
We are seeking a passionate CAD Packaging Designer with a passion to succeed. Preference will be given to those with technical education and or experience in paperboard and or corrugate packaging design. The ideal candidate is creative, a team player, able to multi-task and has strong interpersonal skills. The successful candidate will be an integral part of the business development / sales team and will support the company’s growth in eCommerce Packaging and related fields.
• A diploma or post-secondary education in structural design, graphic design or other related field of study
• Working experience in structural design and/or graphic design will be considered an asset
• Strong working knowledge of Artios CAD latest versions
• Exposure to Adobe CS5 (Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat) on a Mac Platform, with the ability to troubleshoot computer issues will be a definite asset
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX will also be considered an asset
• Ability to work independently and with others, and manage multiple priorities against tight timelines
• Strong attention to detail
• Positive attitude and a willingness to learn on the job
• Excellent technical skills, including understanding of custom manufacturing of paperboard packaging and folding carton manufacturing. A technical understanding of the print process is also crucial.
• Process oriented and technology savvy to develop & implement prospecting plans and strong interpersonal skills.
• Excellent business communication skills, both oral & written.
• Time management skills with the ability to multi-task.
• Intermediate computer skills required in MS Office including creation and manipulation of Excel spreadsheets including formula writing
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic, passionate, committed to career.
Supremex Inc. is Canada’s largest envelope manufacturer and a growing provider of packaging products. Our vision is to be recognized as a dynamic employee-oriented organization creating revolutionary ways of providing exceptional service to support low-cost quality products. We are an organization defined by the passion of our team and their belief in the company growth and potential.
What we give back to you
• We are an employee-centric organization that offers a truly differentiated talent experience aimed to empower employees.
• We promote a fun, positive, dynamic, and collaborative work environment where you are encouraged to share your ideas.
• We foster a performance based culture with many career advancement opportunities.
• We offer a comprehensive compensation package beyond just base salary including, commissions and incentives, car allowance, excellent group benefits, company pension plan, and an employee profit sharing program.
• We will provide you with an opportunity to build your career and a work environment that will encourage you to be your best.
We’re always looking for people who are enthusiastic and have energy to drive and push themselves further to find new avenues and unique ways of reaching our shared goals. If this opportunity sounds like the perfect place to start a career with Supremex – apply now and send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about Supremex, visit us at: www.supremex.com
Supremex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Supremex is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Supremex will endeavor to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request.